The women, girls and boys in IDPs in Hargeisa and in general in Somaliland are in condition of extreme poverty and consequently, they have limited possibility to afford the costs of basic needs, such as shelter, education, healthcare and food, In the poor slums and IDPs, women are mostly responsible to generate income for their families but have very little opportunities to get reasonable capital and skills to engage in income generation activities that can make them earn more income to save families lives. There are also poverty-related violations that women and girls mostly met because of their vulnerability and noiselessness. The majority of the families have an average number of six children per household and they struggle to survive by doing odd jobs. Therefore, all the family incomes are basically oriented to first needs and in most cases, they cannot afford the cost of school fees for the children. For the children from these poor families who succeed to be in primary schools face difficulty continuing high education. To overcome and get solutions for these problems, WORDA organization planned to carry out different cohorts to provide Employment skill for women,and youth in IDPs in Hargeisa, The First Cohort for Self-employment skills training was launched November 2019 and currently, 105 women, girls and boys are attending WORDA training center and learning different courses including; Tailoring, cookery, henna and beautification, computer courses, electricity and electronics. First Professional Cookery class of women and girls are finished and will learn also fundamentals of business starting up and running. Thank you anyone who supported this project and we are specially acknowledging their Support and contribution of this project. https://www.alkhair.org/ https://www.facebook.com/Wordalngo/videos/470616556928455/ https://twitter.com/WORDA_ORG/status/1234027291539275777
WORDA TRAINING CENTER
Like Us on Facebook
Latest News/ Events
- Supporting the women and youth in the IDPs camps through vocational training skills
- Empowering women’s SHGs for poverty alleviation
- Effects of Domestic violence on women and children
- Saamaynta ay Rabshadaha guryaha ka dhaca ay ku yeeshan Haweenka iyo Caruurta.
- Origin of FGM in Somali Culture and Islamic Perspectives
- Community Agent of Change Training
- Youth Dialogue Workshop About Health Complication of FGM and Building Awareness
- Hidden Consequences: Lack of parents and children Communication
- How women and girls can prevent and response to a Possible GBV in workplace.
- Sidee ayay Haweenka Shaqaalaha ahi uga Hortagi Karaan ugana Jawaab-celin Karaan Tacaddiyada ka Dhici kara Goobaha Shaqada?